Capturing my thoughts
Yeah! Finally the day has come!
Tomorrow, 18th Aug 2004, I'll be attending my Graduation at Ngee Ann Polytechnic! Whoo...so excited, I'll be able to go to school once again and see my friends, my lecturers and tutors! Missed them lots, missed the time when we're together in school, rushing our projects, going for lectures and tutorials...those were the days...*heez*
Wanna give God all the glory, thank God for seeing me through my studies all these years. It's really a testimony that I came thus far. Some of you had been hearing me sharing testimonies upon testimonies on how God has blessed me in my studies. How did it all happen, why did it happen all the time, given that I'm not really [and I'm serious] that smart. This is something God and I have with each other, and He has shown himself to be faithful all the time!
Seriously, I'm very bad at my studies. I'd always get my sister to help me do my homework when I was in primary school while I lazed around. It turned out that I did relatively bad for my PSLE. I've got 199 points, couldn't get into a secondary school of my choice. I didn't even know BLSS existed until I was offered a place there *Praise God*. Thank God indeed! With the result that I have, I would have actually ended up in the Normal Stream, but I get to opt to go to the Express Stream…and I did. I didn't really know God till I was in Sec 4 when my sis brought me to CHC, so before I rededicated my heart to him , I did pray to ‘God’ everyday, hoping that ‘He’ would hear me somehow…I knew He was there all along and He came just at the right time to redeem me. I was at my worst moments, already was broken-hearted and then my dog passed away at the same time, my prelims are around the corner, everything came crashing down, I was under so much stress with so many responsibilities…Of course the wonderful thing was my sis invited me to church…to CHC, I was like ‘oh-no’ at the time because of a bad impression of the church from rumors, and I even told her that it would be my first and last time there. What an irony, I gave my heart to Jesus that very day!
God began to bless me in my studies when I decided to give to the 5th Building Fund. I remembered Pastor preaching to us to expect something from God in our giving. In that service itself, I kept praying to God to JUST bless me in the area of my studies, and nothing else, not even financial blessings [*heez*…me of little faith! kind of regretted not asking God for that]. Indeed, what an adventure I had with God all these years! Despite all the seminars and activities, I managed to do well for my ‘O’s [results which I didn’t expect I would have] and got into a course that I had really wanted-School of Business Studies – Tourism and Leisure Management Specialization, Ngee Ann Poly!!!
Simply overwhelmed by all that He has done! I'll be graduating from a course of my choice!!! No regrets or whatsoever!!! Oh, how great You are!!!
Am listening to this song now, ‘Glorify Your Name’ from Hillsongs latest P & W album “For all you’ve done”…Here’s what I'm really feeling right now…of coz He’s more than what words can say…
Jesus, Jesus, Holy One. God’s Precious Son, You gave.
Jesus, Jesus, on the cross, You took my shame.
Forever, from my heart I'll say.
I live to worship You, Lord.
My King of Glory.
You brought me to life, gave me wings to fly.
You are Holy.
Heaven and Earth declare Your praise.
Both now and evermore, I'll glorify Your name.
Right, gonna have a good rest now, will bring you nice pics from my Graduation!
10:32 PM